About the role
Site Engineers & Section Engineers- Register Your Interest
Balfour Beatty VINCI are recruiting for Site Engineers and Section Engineers with experience in any of the following sectors/ disciplines:
- Structures (bridges, viaducts, RC frame, precast concrete, piling etc.)
What you'll be doing
- Contributing to the production of relevant permits for works to begin
- Reading information from drawings, schedules and specification
- Completing Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation
- Maintaining accurate records such as daily diary, photographs, records of site discussions
- Setting out and producing surveys
- Producing accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs
- Producing weekly measures, take offs and schedule materials accurately
- Regularly liaising with the client and subcontractors
- Preparing and raising Temporary Works Briefs, following up to ensure timely implementation
- Undertaking and mentoring junior staff in safety audits
- Carrying out complex setting out and mentoring and coaching junior engineers in the use of setting out techniques
- Producing Activity Control Plans / Inspection and Test Plans and obtaining approval
- Identifying, raising and actioning Non-Conformance Reports and Technical Queries with possible solutions.
- Communicating weekly programme targets to the workforce and liaising with subcontractors to ensure works undertaken in line with weekly programme
Who we're looking for
- Previous work experience as a Site or Section Engineer on a large civils/infrastructure project
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.