About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an interesting opportunity for an experienced Agent to be a part of the UKs most prestigious infrastructure project. You will be joining the Major Structures team managing a range of high value structures packages for Delta Junction.
To provide management, leadership and control of a multi-disciplinary team comprising, Sub Agents, Sections Engineers and Site Engineers.
What you'll be doing
- Attends the constructability review and reviews the submissions of Detailed Design of the permanent and temporary structures
- Review the subcontractors design submissions for temporary works with the temporary works design lead
- Ensures that enough resources are allocated to the works section and that each has an appropriate level of ability
- Monitors that the works is carried out in compliance with the client and statutory requirements
- Produces the Construction Phase Plan, the RAMS register and undertakes periodic reviews
- Reviews the Method Statements and Risk Assessments for PSV activities including Task Briefings and ensures they are reviewed and approved by applicable Responsible Persons
- Reviews the Subcontractors Method Statements and Risk Assessments produced for their work activities, including Task Briefings, and ensures they are reviewed and approved by applicable Responsible Persons
- Ensures that all persons associated with the PSV activities are briefed on the RAMS
- Supports supervisors in the communication of RAMS via Task Briefings and subsequent Pre-Start Briefings
Who we're looking for
- Formally qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a similar role working on a major infrastructure scheme is essential
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SSSTS or SMSTS qualified
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.