About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI is recruiting for an Agent working on HS2 based from our Sublot 7 Middleton Farm Offices, B78 Working as part of our Civil Engineering team.
You will manage a team of site and section engineers and have responsibility for a section of works including Earthworks, Over Bridges, Under Bridges, Viaducts, Culverts, Underpasses, Box Sections, River realignment, Flood Storage, Utility Diversions and Highways
What you'll be doing
- Reviewing Method Statements, Accident/Incident Investigations and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate
- Carrying out trend analysis and identifies improvement areas from audits and near misses
- Producing and implementing Permits to Work, specifically Confined Space Permits and Hot Works Permits.
- Covering Programme and Project Controls
- Guiding & coaching engineers in technical requirements and resolution of issues, drawing on experience and accepted industry best practice
- Implementing systems and processes to support construction of the works in accordance with the specification of the client
- Tracking and monitoring Key Performance Indicator compliance and recommending improvements to systems to maintain team production
- Cross referencing section programme to three weekly programme and ensuring compatibility
- Procuring, managing and keeping consistent dialogue with subcontractors
- Producing budgets from the resourced programme and monitor/review weekly costs
Who we're looking for
- A formal qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience as an Agent or managing teams of engineers
- Previous experience working on projects in Earthworks, Drainage Roadworks, Structures, Utilities,
- Heavy Civils and Major Construction experience is required.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.