About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Surface Water & Flood Risk Lead to join our team to work across the West Midlands region.
- Co-ordinate with DJV discipline leads the development of the Basis of Design (consolidation or Stage 2 DD) in Water Resource & Flood Risk Monitoring, watercourse diversions & Surface water and Flood Risk / hydraulic modelling;
- Collaborate with HS2 and EWC Water Leads to ensure efficient transfer of hydraulic models, Flood Level Analysis Reports, Flood risk assessment, and programme surface water surveys for BBVs requirements
What you'll be doing
- Finalise surface water, WFD & flood risk design with DJV/EA/HS2 and complete Surface water and flood risk monitoring plan.
- Scope, plan and resource FRA by BBV and sub-contractor. Set up and manage sub-contract.
- Plan and resource water survey requirements for Stage 2;
- Lead and prepare the consultation package for Surface water surveys;
- Organise and attend with DJV Water leads key-meetings, workshops with HS2 technical leads, Environmental Agency, Local Flood Authorities to facilitate consent pre-engagement and get the approval of BBV design;
- Review and assure all deliverables related to the WFRMP / Surface water and Flood Risk / hydraulic modelling, watercourse diversions disciplines in liaison with Sub-lots Environmental Design Engineers;
- Provide technical expertise/ support for Environmental & Design team in the Water / Watercourse diversion and Hydraulic modelling.
- Helps develop robust and comprehensive WFRMP / Watercourse diversion / Surface water & Flood Risk design deliverables to deal with environmental risks, CRTs, U&As, Technical Standards, UK best practices working collaboratively with the whole project team in order to achieve EMR Compliance and L3 Certification.
- Accountable for fit for purpose WFRMP / Watercourse diversion / Surface water & Flood Risk design methodologies and assumptions that can withstand external scrutiny.
- Review of all Water related design deliverables (WFRMP / Watercourse diversion / Surface water & Flood Risk)
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/ experience are essential:
- Member of an environmental/water professional body
- A sound understanding of hydrology, fluvial & urban hydraulics, watershed management, geomorphology and water & flood risk mitigation design on major infrastructure schemes;
- Good experience of temporary watercourse diversion design and planning;
- Experienced with dealing with Environmental Agency and LLFA on such issues;
- Experienced with Water consent applications and pre-engagement with Statutory bodies;
- Understanding of the benefits of working collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the project
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.