About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for Temporary Works Design Lead to join our team to work at our Sublot 7 Middleton Farm Offices site located in between Birmingham & Tamworth
Role Purpose: Responsible for delivery of a coordinated and integrated temporary works design to meet project requirements.
What you'll be doing
- Deliver a fully integrated and coordinated Temporary Works (TW) design ready for construction to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for coordination of the TW design with the permanent works designer and other members of the TW designer team(including design packages delivered by Parent Company and supply chain) and construction teams.
- Supporting the Temporary Works Design Leads in developing designs and identification of the requirements for temporary works. Development of preliminary scheme designs and full detailed design,
- Support to the permanent works (PW) designer providing advice on buildability.
- Review of method statement and work plans and other construction documents.
- Participation in technical meetings providing support to the construction team (e.g. Interdisciplinary design review and checks).
- Provide buildability advice (including proposing new ideas) and evaluating value engineering / innovation ideas.
- Ensure the role of the Designer is fulfilled in accordance with CDM2015 and ensure that a CDM Design Risk Register is maintained documenting the design actions taken with due regard to the Principles of Prevention. This requires active use of BBVs CDM Safetibase and engagement with HS2 operations and maintenance representatives.
- Designs to be fully compliant with the TW Design Brief, Works Information, Contract Requirements Technical (CRT) and Technical Standards.
- Prepare designs in accordance with the agreed design programme.
Who we're looking for
- Qualified or near qualified Civil Engineer or similar equivalent, with TW design experience
- Proven knowledge of Network Rail and Highways England technical standards and approval processes.
- Ability to design temporary works using European design codes and PAS 8812 together with a working knowledge BS5975 : 2019
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations, in particular, the Designer role.
- Large scale linear project experience (e.g. rail, highway or similar).
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure