About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Procurement & Supply Chain Analyst to join our team to work in Birmingham.
You will be responsible for the correct identification, processing and presentation of all procurement information and reporting requirements to stakeholders within the business, primarily with the Procurement team. You should provide valuable insights into the supply chain, enabling stakeholders to easily understand trends & opportunities. This analysis should be delivered into the project utilising the most suitable technology available.
What you'll be doing
- Ensuring the receipt of supplier management information is planned throughout the month to align with reporting requirements
- Co-ordinating and supporting delivery of the defined benefits management process, including the development of benefits profiles, measurement definition, tracking and change control
- Supporting the daily activities relating to sourcing strategy development and execution; including market intelligence, spend analysis, supplier reviews, commercial options, tender evaluation, service level agreement definition and monitoring
- Developing and publishing scheduled reports and performing ad-hoc analysis on request from Category Managers and Supply Chain Management Team
- Working with suppliers to ensure that spend is reported against the correct Operating Company
- Utilising category reports to determine rebates by Business Unit and advising category managers of short-falls or under-runs
- Supplier performance measurement and reporting
- Procurement spend and benefits analysis and reporting, including ownership & delivery of new technologies to support the function
- Analysis of category spending data, identifying trends and making improvement recommendations to category managers
Who we're looking for
- Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior staff. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards outcomes needed
- Expert user of spreadsheet and database tools including VBA / Excel macro writing skills (essential) and Power BI
- Knowledge of Oracle highly desirable
- Proven capacity to manipulate and manage complex data streams from multiple sources
- Proven understanding of business dynamics and reporting requirements
- Experience in working in conjunction with technical, operational and project teams
- Experience of working collaboratively with suppliers to secure timely, accurate and complete management information
- Capacity to manage complexity and multiple priorities
- Experience of process improvement in a large organisation.
- Ability to quickly simplify complex problems and deliver solutions with pace, using innovation and creativity
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Highly results orientated with a proven track of exceeding targets
- Work alone with high degree of professionalism and integrity
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.