About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI are recruiting a General Foreman to join one of our sections on our HS2 project based in and around Birmingham. Reporting to the Senior Works Manager, the General Foreman will be responsible for managing the construction activities across their designated section of works. They will ensure that all works, including those of suppliers and subcontractors are supervised and coordinated to deliver on safety, quality and environmental objectives.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
- Ensure that works are coordinated to ensure suitable safe access and segregation is maintained.
- Set up teams to complete sections of work.
- Assist in establishing procedures to ensure that all safety documentation is collated and retained for example scaffold inspection records, PUWER records etc.
- Develop the day to day plan for site operations from project programme.
- Effectively manage site reporting such as record sheets, site diary etc.
- Ensure that robust on site procedures are established and employed and undertake daily checks.
- Undertake regular checks to ensure workforce (including Sub-Contractors) are meeting quality requirements.
- Ensure all plant equipment is inspected to meet PUWER guidelines.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets for the utilisation of plant, labour and materials.
- Monitor the expenditure of plant, labour and materials against the budget allocation and take appropriate action where necessary to reduce costs.
- Accurately forecast plant, labour and material resource requirements and then monitor/ adjust the forecast on a weekly basis.
Who we're looking for
- Previous experience as a Foreman or General Foreman ideally gained on a major infrastructure project
- Extensive experience in managing teams
- SMSTS card holder is advantageous
- Formal Health & Safety qualification is desirable
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. This includes:
42 viaducts totalling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
56 culverts and other under-bridges;
66 embankments reaching over 33km;
Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.