About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Environmental Consents Manager to join our team to work in Birmingham.
What you'll be doing
- Obtain the necessary Environmental Consents required for operational activities, as required by the project in a timely way.
- Provide expert advice on environmental consent requirements to the Projects teams and HS2
- Lead in the identification and consolidation of the necessary Environmental
- Consents that may be required, recognising that requirements may change during the duration of the project.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation and regulatory requirements that may affect the project. Communicating and support the changes necessary in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with the LAs, Environment Agency, CRT and other CGBs as necessary to deliver consents as required by the construction programme.
- Provide feedback as required to commercial and delivery teams regarding environmental obligations as relevant to the consenting process
- Record all communications with third parties as evidence to support consent process
- Ensure that Construction teams have enough knowledge of environmental consents to support obtaining them and satisfying the requirements of them.
- Demonstrate the BBV behaviours
Who we're looking for
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulation and consents.
- Extensive experience of obtaining Environmental Consents
- Significant experience of managing relationships with the relevant CGB
- Substantial experience of managing the Environmental Consents process on a major development scheme and/or major infrastructure project
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current Environmental legislation
- Proven record of working effectively on the environmental aspects of major projects, including securing Consents in a timely manner and ensuring compliance.
- Membership of an Environmental Institute such as IEMA or equivalent.
- Experience leading teams
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.