About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Consents Coordinatorto join our team to work in Birmingham.
To consolidate the environmental consents currently identified and to support the process of obtaining environmental consents, in a timely manner, from each environmental consent granting body associated with the delivery of the Northern sections of HS2.
What you'll be doing
As a Environmental Consents Coordinator you will:
- Obtain all identified Environmental Consents required for operational activities, as required.
- Assist in the identification and consolidation of the necessary Environmental Consents that may be required recognising that requirements may change during the duration of the project.
- Support the process of obtaining environmental consents
- Liaison with LAs, Environment Agency, CRT and other Consent Granting Bodies as necessary to deliver consents as required by the construction programme
- Provide feedback as required to commercial and delivery teams regarding environmental obligations as relevant to the consenting process
- Record all communications with third parties as evidence to support consent process
- Contribute to the development of knowledge within Construction teams and in the monitoring process to assist in ensuring consent compliance.
- Demonstrate the BBV behaviours
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Who we're looking for
The ideal person will have the following personal qualities and experience:
- Experience of effective communication with the relevant Consent Granting Bodies.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects
- Awareness and understanding of current Environmental legislation
- Proven record of working effectively on the environmental aspects of major projects, with an understanding of what is required to secure Consents in a timely manner and ensuring compliance.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of obtaining Environmental Consents.
- Membership of an Environmental Institute such as IEMA or equivalent.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.