About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci are working together on a joint venture to deliver the largest Infrastructure project in Europe HS2.
Preparatory works along with main construction has already commenced and we are actively looking for people from an Environmental (Advisor or Manager) background who have strong Civils, Construction or Infrastructure experience to join us in 2022
What you'll be doing
We are inviting people to register their interest in positions across the project within the Core, Structures, Mainline and Tunnels divisions
You will be responsible for helping to initiate and then maintain systems to ensure compliance with contract requirements and company standards and targets.
We are considering people who are currently working in the following roles:
- Environmental Manager BBV01143
- Environmental Advisor BBV00977
- Agricultural and Soils Lead BBV01101
Who we're looking for
Each role will have a particular skill set according to the role. It is expected that you possess some of the following experience:
- Ensure compliance of works with Construction Code of Practice and other environmental requirements
- Development of EMS documentation and systems
- Roll out of systems to ensure construction methodologies and programme meet Environmental Minimum Requirements
- Management of Environmental Opportunities and Risks, updating of register and progressing selected opportunity actions
- Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders and client representatives
- Promote environmental awareness on the project through training, briefings, poster campaigns and other communication methods
- Manage and oversee monitoring equipment, collect, process and interpret data (e.g. water, dust, noise, waste)
- Manage onsite Environmental Site inspections, highlighting any bad and good practice to the relevant teams and Senior Management
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.