About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has exciting opportunities for Procurement Specialists to join our team to work in/across Birmingham.
Here at Balfour Beatty VINCI we are looking for several Procurement Professionals to join our growing team. We are looking to hire Buyers, Senior Buyers and Procurement Managers with proven experience within an infrastructure environment. This is a fantastic time to join our team and be a part of HS2.
What you'll be doing
- Propose and develop procurement and hire strategy which delivers the most economical procurement route for BBV and the Contract
- Supporting the procurement and estimating teams with tendering, market analysis, supplier selection, risk and opportunity assessments, forecasting requirements
- Carrying out the procurement process for complex packages in accordance with BBV procurement & supply chain management strategy
- Preparation of request for proposals and quotations
- Evaluation and analysis of supplier responses (both quantative and qualitative)
- Assessing value (using Most Economically Advantageous Tender or Social Value evaluation techniques)
- Carrying out commercial checks for suppliers and past performance and conducting negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers
- Make shortlist recommendations to the project team, highlighting distinguishing factors between suppliers and the rationale behind recommendations
- Conducting final negotiations with selected suppliers in order to enable the preparation of contracts/orders and compliance with BBV procurement governance
Who we're looking for
- Substantial experience of complex procurement processes within an infrastructure environment.
- Experience of implementing and developing procurement strategies and category led frameworks.
- Proven ability to manage supplier relationships, negotiation and process compliance.
- Demonstrate the ability to work towards tight deadlines.
- MCIPS qualification, or working towards.
If you would like to find out more about our procurement opportunities at BBV please register your by responding to this advert.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.