About the role
Following the recent announcement for Notice to Proceed, Balfour Beatty Vinci will commence the full detailed design and construction of both schemes. Balfour Beattys in-depth expertise of delivering critical major infrastructure across the world will combine and complement VINCIs global capability in high speed rail and expertise in UK rail infrastructure projects.
Preparatory works are due to start imminently with main construction to commence in earnest in the second quarter of 2021. All sites will be fully compliant with UK Government guidance for safe working practices in relation to social distancing.
With this in mind we are preparing to mobilise people across the Project Management arena from Project Engineers, Interface Managers to Project Managers from the Construction Industry ideally from an Infrastructure background for potential roles.
What you'll be doing
We are inviting people to register their interest for positions across the board within Project Management.
We are considering people who are currently but not limited to :
- Site Engineers
- Section Engineers
- Sub Agents
- Site Agents
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Understanding of the construction environment
- Experience of working with a major design consultancy
- Highly organised with good management and coordination skills
- Demonstrates the BBV behaviours, respecting equality and diversity
- Leading teams, people management skills, effective delegation, mentoring & coaching and developing others
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Relevant experience
- Large scale linear project experience (eg Tunnelling, rail, highway or similar).
- Experience and confidence to constructively challenge
- Negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- CSCS Card
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.