About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for Document Controllers to join our already successful team working throughout the Coventry area, supporting individual sublots on the project.
Working as a member of the Project Management Team, you will support and maintain the information processes from all disciplines, external sources and client ensuring the information is accurately captured and managed for the project documentation and records.
What you'll be doing
- Coordinate and manage an effective project information management system in line with the project procedures, focusing on all technical and contractual¯documentation.
- Safeguard the privacy and security of information stored within the system
- Understand and manage the document submission process and time frame
- Mange project documentation through approved workflows
- Carry out QA checks and release/distribute information
- Ensure that documentation issued and subsequent review processes is adhered to in line with current digital processes
- Regularly produce reports and analyse data and trends, based on agreed KPIs and audit findings
- Review and update procedures, guidelines and workflows related to the document control process
Who we're looking for
- Experience of information/document management in Major Civil Engineering projects.
- Knowledge and experience of working to UK ISO 9001 and other international standards and codes of practice for information management & document Control
- Knowledge of Electronic Information and document control systems
- Previous experience working within information management
- Knowledge of working within systems and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Competent user of office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.