About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Agent to work on Precast Segmental Viaducts. As part of the Major Structures team, you will manage a team of engineers and have responsibility for a section of works of one of the largest viaducts being built in the UK!
What you'll be doing
- Produce/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments, making improvements as appropriate
- Carry out Site Audits to check works and documentation compliance
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed to ensure that the works are delivered to specification.
- Understand construction methodology and develop/approve relevant procedures specific to the area of works.
- In association with the Section Foreman, assess the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office-based works.
- Supervise the erection, use, maintenance and dismantling of the temporary works, as applicable.
- Carry out checks on the scheme during construction on site, liaising with the TWC and Site Team
- Prepare and issue Temporary Works Briefs to the relevant design departments.
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
- Attends the constructability review and reviews the submissions of Detailed Design of the permanent and temporary structures
Who we're looking for
- Formally qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience working on major infrastructure projects
- Experience in earthworks or heavy structures is desirable
- Working towards and IEng or CEng is desirable but not essential
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.