About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI has is recruiting for an Engineering Surveyor to join the Major Structures team on HS2 in Birmingham. You will be joining a highly experienced team and have the opportunity to work on the UKs most prestigious infrastructure project.
What you'll be doing
- Ensures the timely data flow between the Construction teams.
- Ensure the setting out survey data is of an acceptable standard.
- To liaise with the SL Survey Manager to ensure that the programmed survey requirements are met and monitored.
- Ensure the effective flow of Survey information to the SL Survey Manager and the project teams.
- Attend site meetings as required.
- Forms good relations between the Survey team and the project teams.
Who we're looking for
- Suitable experience on large rail/road/structures projects
- Up to date with latest survey technologies. GNSS, Optical, LIDAR etc.
- Competent with bespoke Survey programmes i.e. NRG, SCC, TBC etc.
- An appreciation/experience of SnakeGrid networks is desirable
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.