About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Methods Engineer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
To assist with the delivery of high quality, and safe temporary works within the HS2 project. To manage and monitor technical designs and support during the Stage 2 delivery phases and coordinate / develop methods of work with the construction team.
What you'll be doing
- Support the delivery of BBVs Sustainability activities.
- Produces Methodology and Risk Assessments and undertakes periodic reviews.
- Prepares and raises Temporary Works Briefs, following up to ensure timely implementation.
- Completes Accident Book and associated reports as required. Able to undertake incident investigations to required standard.
- Undertakes and mentors junior staff in safety audits.
- Ensures a relentless focus on Health & Safety.
- Develops methods of work that take cognisance of the current design, temporary works available and also industry best practice.
- Ensure a suitable temporary works design brief and programme of requirements is received.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card.
- SSSTS or SMSTS qualified.
- Knowledge of the construction industry or experience within a project-based organisation on site-based activities.
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent is desirable.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.