About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor. You will be joining the highly experienced Major Structures team in Birmingham.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for initiating and leading tasks and processes, taking responsibility and being accountable, where relevant, for the work and roles of others whilst exercising broad autonomy and judgement within broad parameters in their area of responsibility
- Responsible to a Project Manager or Commercial Manager for relevant commercial aspects of a section of a project
- Ensure that BBVs commercial position is protected using in depth understanding and experience of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
- Some responsibility for effective client relationship management to encourage smooth commercial progression of the contract(s)
- Expected to manage and provide development and support to other commercial team members
- Demonstrates and maintains a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and works closely with the delivery team to develop techniques and solutions to meet business and customer needs
- Prepare subcontract invitations to tender and evaluate tender returns and make recommendations to appoint and places subcontracts accurately and on time
Who we're looking for
- Previous experience working on Civils/Infrastructure projects
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent
- Member of RICS, ICES, or CIOB
- NEC3 experience
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground-breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.