About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Coordinator/ 4D Modeller to join our team to work in Coleshill Birmingham.
Lead the implementation of 4D modelling into our Construction Planning and constructability review processes to de-risk site operations, improving safety, quality and productivity. This includes re-purposing 4D visualisations to improve training and site briefings.
What you'll be doing
- Working with key stakeholders to implement 4D modelling into Planning and constructability Review processes
- Developing a consistent process for managing, developing, and maintaining 4D content
- Supporting SubLot teams in the adoption of 4D techniques
- Developing 4D modelling content for high risk assets
- Training of individuals on the development of 4D content, use of Synchro, SafetiBase 4D/3D Repo, and the associated digital processes
- Developing 3D and 4D content to support training and briefing materials
- Developing training simulators based on 3D/4D content and working with the appropriate subject matter experts to embed relevant questions to develop and test understanding
- Working with key stakeholders to link simulation training to competency assessment
- Develop and maintain best practice guidance in relation to the use of 3D & 4D visualisation in planning, reviewing, training and briefing, including sharing knowledge with parent companies, industry partners and across HS2
- Support the innovation & transformation team with the evaluation and delivery of digital initiatives
- Undertake testing and evaluation of digital solutions, workflows and integrations either available in the marketplace or developed in house
- Ensure IPTAN are aware of innovative development in the 3D/4D visualisation space
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Can demonstrate technical ability with the use of BIM Software applications, in particular Synchro, Unity, 3D Repo and/or similar applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to support the ongoing development of the 4D approacg, through active interaction with the wider project team
- Proficiency in IT
- Proficient in using CAD authoring and model review software
- Quick to learn new applications and tools.
- A good understanding of the UK BIM standards and BIM Level 2 requirements
- Experience and enthusiasm in developing the skills of others - expected to coach and disseminate knowledge to team including apprentices, graduates and more experienced members of the team.
- Drive for continuous improvement and finding more efficient ways of working.
- Rigour in application of information management standards.
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.