About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Technician to join our team to work across the West Midlands region.
Preparation of model data and reports for design process management.
What you'll be doing
- Extraction of data from 3D models for preparation of presentations.
- Conduct validation checks on the design model being used to check it contains the appropriate level of information and is in the format required.
- Enable the set-up and sharing of model views and fly-throughs.
- Preparation of images based on 3D models, with measurements and labels.
- Calculation and presentation of quantities from 3D models.
- Liaising with designers for provision of model data.
- Supporting the Design Integrity team in handling of BIM data.
- Work within the common data environment and comply with the project CAD and BIM standards.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Proficient in using CAD authoring and model review software
- Can demonstrate technical ability with the use of BIM Software applications
- A good understanding of the UK BIM standards and BIM Level 2 requirements
- Ability to use document management systems in a common data environment, and to maintain information management standards.
- Proficiency in standard office IT packages.
- Quick to learn new applications and tools.
- Drive for continuous improvement and finding more efficient ways of working.
- Capability for working in knowledge-based and collaborative environments (trust and openness, listening, supportive of ideas, conflict resolution).
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good standard of written and verbal communication
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.