About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Agricultural & Soil Lead to join our team to work across the West Midlands
Co-ordinate with DJV discipline leads the development of the Basis of Design Agriculture and Soil (consolidation and Stage 2 DD)
Collaborate, attend handover meetings with HS2 and EWC Ag& Soil/Landscape Leads to ensure efficient transfer of information for BBVs requirements.
What you'll be doing
- Helps develop robust and comprehensive Farm Packs SRP working collaboratively with the whole project team;
- Accountable for fit for purpose methodology and assumptions that can withstand external scrutiny.
- Support site activities for soil stripping, aftercare and restoration.
- Review and assure all Ag & Soils design deliverables including Farm Packs SRP, Soils Management Plans,
- Meeting with landowners and input to Farm Packs SRP;
- Provide support for BBV construction - review of EWC Farm Packs for suitability of use by BBV
- Support for Soil surveys for farm holding
- Plan and review soil surveys requirements;
- Co-ordinate, attend key consultation meetings with HS2, Independent Design panel and other statutory consultees.
- Ensure Farm Packs Soils resource plans are setup correctly during Consolidation and DD Stage and develop BBV Farm Packs SRP Assurance.
- Provide technical expertise/ support for Environmental & Design team in the Farm Packs SRP and temporary stockpiling.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/ experience are essential:
- Member of a Landscape/Soil & Agriculture professional body;
- A sound understanding of Farm Packs Soil Resource Plan and soil stripping requirements;
- Good experience of Agricultural & Soil design, Land to be returned to Agriculture, Ancient Woodland soil translocation;
- Good computer skills particularly GIS tools (QGIS/ARCGIS or similar) and use of Office Suite to manage large data;
- Experienced with dealing with Farmers, landowners, Natural England, Woodland Trust, Wildlife Trust and other Statutory bodies on such issues
- Experienced with Schedule 17 applications and pre-engagement with Statutory bodies;
- Experience in planning and undertaking Farm Packs;
- Understanding of the benefits of working collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the project
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.