About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to join our team to work across the West Midlands region.
Reporting to an Environmental Manager. Responsible for helping to initiate and then maintain systems to ensure compliance with contract requirements and company standards and targets.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure compliance of works with Construction Code of Practice and other environmental requirements
- Development of EMS documentation and systems
- Development of environmental works solutions/mitigation and monitoring regimes
- Roll out of systems to ensure construction methodologies and programme meet Environmental Minimum Requirements
- Management of Environmental Opportunities and Risks, updating of register and progressing selected opportunity actions
- Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders and client representatives to ensure collaborative working relationships
- Understand the financial implications of decisions affecting environmental issues (e.g. waste costs, delays.) and seek to ensure best financial outcome for business
- Promote environmental awareness on the project through training, briefings, poster campaigns and other communication methods
- Report on the sites environmental performance against the Projects objectives and targets
- Manage and oversee monitoring equipment, collect, process and interpret data (e.g. water, dust, noise, waste)
- Manage onsite Environmental Site inspections, highlighting any bad and good practice to the relevant teams and Senior Management
- Record and report all incidents to all relevant parties and instigate corrective actions required
- Liaises with the community liaison officer regarding complaints from third parties on noise, dust and or other environmental issues
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- A sound understanding of environmental legislation and principles of environmental management systems
- Understanding of the benefits of working collaboratively to obtain the best outcome
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.