About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Coordinator to join our Major Structures Design team to work on HS2 in Birmingham.
You will support the delivery of BIM requirements on the project and take an active involvement in the promotion, development and delivery of BIM within the allocated Sublot team.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the coordination of CAD in accordance with project BIM processes and protocols
- Actively liaise with project BIM Core Team and other Sublot BIM Coordinators to realise a standardised approach to work.
- Manage, federate and maintain the Sublot asset 4D construction simulation models to support planning, short term weekly work plans and daily task meetings.
- Manage the SubLot Project Information Model (PIM) to ensure review comments and clash reports are undertaken and managed by the various design task teams.
- Conduct validation checks against task team design models to ensure they meet the agreed level of information need, including exchange formats.
- Support the development and implementation of model-based field activities i.e. setting out of the works, etc.
- Make arrangements for the final production of the as-built model deliverables, including data file.
- Report on the progress of BIM for project Design Team Meetings, Contract Review Meetings and Progress Meetings.
- Explore and pursue connections between BIM and the support of on-site activities, enhancing the awareness of BIM capabilities and encouraging interaction and knowledge share.
- Represent the project to the wider core businesses at quarterly forums, share lessons learnt amongst the business unit and education practices through demonstrations
- Support the management of interfaces and information exchange with the Employer, Key Stake holders and Others.
Who we're looking for
- Can demonstrate technical ability with the use of CAD, review and 4D software applications
- Understanding of the UK BIM standards and BIM Level 2 requirements
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.