About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Agent (structures) to join our team to work at our Cappers Lane Site, Lichfield
To provide Management, leadership and control of a team comprising Sub Agents, Section Engineers, Site Engineers, focusing on Structures activities
What you'll be doing
- Carries out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
- Leads / Reviews Accident / Incident Investigations. Reviews and appraises findings and leads /directs the appropriate action arising (HFACS and Four Page Reports)
- Appraises improvement options and leads action / instigates as appropriate
- Leads periodic risk reviews and takes output forward to the Project Risk Register
- Keeps up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to the team
- Ensures site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings
- Overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section
- Manages sub-contractor performance based on KPIS
- Ensures production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme
- Chairs weekly team meetings to review performance on site
- Sets targets and KPIs in line with budget forecast
- Chairs weekly cost meetings and identifies improvement areas and allocates appropriate actions to team members
- Prepares a cost plan and manages cost v value
- Involved in the procurement of subcontractors and advises on commercial aspects / preferred attendances
- Produces the risk schedule for section, reviews and updates
Who we're looking for
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity, including managing others in this regard.
- Experience of structures works on large civil engineering projects
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights.
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SMSTS qualified.
- Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently without supervision. Reports back as necessary to update Line Management.
- Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation
- Able to analyse and offer improvement on a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software
- Experience in the management of pavement reconstruction and surfacing operations, including phasing and contingency planning
- Experienced in the management of varied infrastructure works, together with testing and handover.
- Able to produce a realistic financial forecast and track progress against programme.
- Working knowledge of the NEC and other relevant forms of contract.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.