About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for Site Engineers to join our team to work at our Precast Factory in Tallington, Peterborough.
To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
What you'll be doing
Health Safety & Environmental
- Production of Task Briefing Sheets
- Contribution to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce
- Carries out associated briefings
- Carries out Safety Inspections
- Setting out from primary control provided by others
- The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed
- Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes
- Ability to read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification
- Production of as built drawings & records for every element of the works involved in
- Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation
- Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions
- Measures actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure
- Works to Weekly Programme drafted by others - and marks up progress achieved weekly
- Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference
- Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs
- Produces weekly measure. Take offs and schedules materials accurately
- Understands what is classified as additional work and understands how to record this
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
- Has recent relevant rail experience
- Must be a good team player, with developed communication skills
Health Safety & Environmental
- Understands Permit to Dig System, to suit appointment as Authorised Engineer for Permit issue
- Environmental awareness
- Setting out techniques ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS
- Able to report issues with control and information provided
- Reads and understands drawings and schedules
- Understands Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file
- Strong understanding of construction tolerances
- Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents
- Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works
- Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately
- Knowledge of specification and contract documents
- Understands what constitutes additional works
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.