About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Communications to join our team to work in Birmingham
To provide senior level communications advice and set the communications agenda for BBV and the Integrated Project Team (IPT) with HS2.
Influence at senior level to achieve communication results against business objectives
Collaboratively develop and deliver proactive and reactive communications plans across a range of themes
Drive regular internal channels at Project level including calls, newsletters and conferences drawing on internal central capabilities and aligning with Build to Last
Supervise and develop team members to ensure objectives are delivered
Share success and best practice to boost communications outputs and outcomes
Work to budget and deadlines in a high pressured environment and prioritise multiple high level tasks and projects
What you'll be doing
- Develop, deliver and measure creative, clear and high quality strategic communications that reach a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, working to effective planned methodologies to deliver excellence
- Ensure regular content for internal communications channels and the on-going management of these channels
- Ensure all content is on brand, accurate, and signed off by appropriate stakeholders
- Develop appropriate templates and standardised communications appropriate for the Business Unit
- Drive brand compliance and ensure Business Unit and corporate messaging is aligned and complementary
- Work with BBV Community Engagement teams to ensure compliance with corporate processes and procedures, minimise risk and protect Balfour Beatty Vincis reputation
- Work with the corporate HS2, Balfour Beatty and Vinci Comms teams with timely outputs and outcomes including issues and crisis communications management and change communications
- Comply with company policies and guidelines
- Lead and deliver large conferences and project wide engagement programmes
Who we're looking for
- Ability to deal with complex organisational structures and multiple stakeholders, drawing activities together to maximum effect
- Excellent communication craft skills and technical knowledge
- Strong relationship building with good networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to scan for risks and issues and mitigate through proactive and reactive communication
- Line-management experience
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment and financial calendar communications
- A passion for, and understanding of, industry issues and the national news agenda
- A driving licence is a prerequisite
The following would be highly advantageous:
- Experience of working on construction/civil engineering infrastructure projects
- An understanding of the regulatory environment in construction/rail/utility industries
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field
- Member of CIPR and relevant qualification
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.