About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Engineer to join our Balfour Beatty Vinci HS2 joint venture to manage vehicles coming from and to our Long Itichington tunnel site.
What you'll be doing
The principle function of this role is to implement and manage the Vehicle Management System required to meet BBV and HS2s requirements to control, manage and report on the planned HGV movements from the point of origin to site.
- Assist in the selection/procurement of the digital VMS system
- Implement and manage the initial paper based VMS system before full system is commissioned.
- Commission the digital VMS
- Develop training manual for BBV staff, suppliers and subcontractors on the use of VMS.
- Develop and implement assurance procedures in accordance with BBV and HS2 requirements for fleet operators and drivers.
- Liaise with BBV construction teams to ensure efficient logistic performance on the Project.
- Produce and monitor logistic KPIs and if required develop improvement strategies to meet targets.
- Liaise with BBV construction teams, subcontractors and suppliers to forecast vehicle movements.
- Produce monthly reports for BBV and HS2.
- Interface with HS2 logistic staff.
Who we're looking for
- Experience in construction logistics is preferred.
- Transport planning experience would be beneficial
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. This includes
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 throughout the West Midlands area. We are looking for a wide range of experts to join our team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.