About the role
We are currently looking to recruit a Document Controller to support the Balfour Beatty Vinci joint venture for the HS2 project in Birmingham. The role will be to coordinate and manage an effective project information management system within Business Collaborator (BC), in line with both company and quality control procedures (BS EN ISO:9001).¯
The joint venture will deliver a world class railway in accordance with customer and stakeholder requirements and commitments, including verification activities to demonstrate compliance.
What you'll be doing
- Focusing on all technical and contractual¯documentation produced throughout the lifecycle of the project from all interested parties.
- Manage the configuration and administration of Business Collaborator, to maintain a successfully functioning system at all times.
- Take responsibility for BC user accounts and subsequent access rights. Understand and manage the processes necessary for timely appropriate document submissions.
- Mange the integration of all project documentation through approved workflows Roll out frequent training sessions in BC to new users.
- Carry out intermittent audits and produce reports on your findings.
- Produce reports and analyse the data and trends, based on agreed KPIs and audit findings.
- Review and update procedures, guidelines and workflows related to the document control process.
- Offer advice and support to both the project team and interested parties, as required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all interested parties.
- Ensuring a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
- Supporting the delivery of the Sustainability 2020 roadmap.
- Supporting the business unit external accreditation process (including ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and industry licences) to ensure it is able to operate in its chosen sector.
Who we're looking for
- Experience of information/document management in Major Civil Engineering projects.
- Knowledge and experience of working to UK and international standards and codes of practice for information management & document Control.
- Knowledge of Electronic Information and document control systems.
- Any form of information management or ISO 9001 Certification.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 required.
- Knowledge and experience of using Business Collaborator
- Can demonstrate initiative and resilience.
- CSCS Card Holder
- Competent user of modern office computer systems e.g. Microsoft Office
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totalling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.