About the role
To ensure that all administrative processes relating to the health, safety, environment, security are carried out in accordance with the Contract and BBV processes.
What you'll be doing
- Carry out administrative processes to a high standard with attention to detail relating to health, safety, environment and security in accordance with the BBV way.
- Work with the team for developing the Health and Safety Management system (template, formatting procedures..)
- Ensure the H&S documentation is communicated to all and available on the BBV way
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to health, safety and wellbeing
- Work with the H&S team for developing Health, Safety and Wellbeing campaigns
- Support the team for gathering data and issuing HSES dashboard
- Support the team during the onboarding process (gathering evidences, competencies checks, Drug and alcohol testing, issuance of cards,¦)
- Work with the team and the supplier on the access control to ensure only competent personal access the working area
- Update the training and competency matrix and identify training needs
- Organise HSES training
- Raise requisition for H&S equipment and training
- Collaborative working to support the delivery of the project
- Other ad hoc duties as required for supporting the team
Who we're looking for
- Good communication skills, excellent attention to detail, an organised approach to work and an affinity towards working with standardised processes templates and frameworks.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and good written skills including spelling and grammar, are essential.
- Construction/construction related experience is desirable
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.