About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI are recruiting a Site Engineer to work on one of their two sections of High Speed 2 in Birmingham. Based on the UKs most prestigious infrastructure project, the Site Engineer will be working on diverting utilities and ground investigations in the first instance. As the project moves into delivery, the Site Engineer will be working on major earthworks, drainage and heavy structures including bridges and viaducts
What you'll be doing
- Ensure all permits are applied for and in place, ready for site work to begin.
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed.
- Setting out and surveying
- Management of subcontractors.
- Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
- Develop and Approve relevant procedures specific to the area of works.
- Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
- Regularly liaising with the client
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
- Liaise with other Sections to ensure any clashes on site are managed to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
Who we're looking for
- Degree or equivalent in civil engineering
- Previous site engineering experience
- Experience in utilities, earthworks, heavy structures or drainage is desirable but not essential
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.