About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join our Tunnels team to work in Birmingham.
Responsible for the production of engineering drawings and associated schedules.
Experience from within the Construction industry will be preferred.
What you'll be doing
The ideal person will have extensive experience of the following:
- Ability to read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification;
- Preparation of drawings from Engineers sketches, using CAD software;
- Interrogation of others CAD and BIM models;
- Production of schedules, e.g. concrete reinforcement;
- Take-off of quantities;
Understand what BIM is.
The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed
- Hazard Identification and contribution to development of SSoW.
- Maintaining accurate records drawing registers, schedules, specifications and take-off;
- Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation.
- Works to Weekly Programme drafted by others - and marks up progress achieved weekly;
Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference.
- Production of accurate take-off of quantities;
- Understands weekly measure. Take offs and schedules materials accurately.
Who we're looking for
- Reads and understands drawings and schedules.
- Experience of civil engineering/tunnelling
- Strong understanding of construction tolerances.
- Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents.
- Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works.
- Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately.
- Knowledge of specification and contract documents.
- Understands what constitutes additional works.
- You must have experience of Bentley and Autocad
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.