About the role
We are looking to bring support to the BBV projects in particular around the ProjectWise platform as well as other information platforms like SharePoint. The BBV ProjectWise instance currently developed is a mature system with over 700 daily users across both BBV and the supply chain. This is expected to expand significantly over the lifetime of this major project.
Provide technical and functional support for BBVs implementation of cloud-based Bentley Systems ProjectWise and its association with Autodesk products (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit) and Bentley products (e.g. MicroStation and AECOsim) software.
What you'll be doing
- Provide technical and functional support for BBVs implementation of cloud based Bentley Systems ProjectWise and its association with Autodesk products (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit) and Bentley products (e.g. MicroStation and AECOsim) software.
- Provide administration of BBVs ProjectWise environments, configuration of templates and data sources. Interact directly with project teams to gather, document and implement requirements for Bentley Systems ProjectWise.
- Be responsible for the ProjectWise
- onboarding and training process for all BBV colleagues and supply chain partners
- Creation of folders, user groups, access permissions and other associated tasks to enable supply chain engagement
- Ongoing development of the existing workflows/rules for engineering applications to meet project requirements for collaboration and work sharing, related database and storage management.
- Monitoring and maintenance of ProjectWise caching servers for BBV
- Maintenance and ongoing support of integrations, for example with the imodel hub and other automated processes
- Maintenance and ongoing development of PowerShell and other scripts to work with the Bentley ProjectWise suite of services.
- Monitor and maintain the system performance of Bentley Systems ProjectWise. Maintain technical support documentation, support and provide fixes on applications to the agreed SLA's. Contribute to the implementation of upgrades and migration to future ProjectWise editions and services.
Who we're looking for
- A relevant degree or equivalent is essential - BE/B Tech/MCA from a reputed institute.
- Bentley ProjectWise certification/ Certification in any prime infrastructure engineering project collaboration software.
- ITIL V3 foundation is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
- Considerable experience of working in a global team as part of a multinational organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of computer aided engineering tools and methodology, management and configuration of ProjectWise document management system, applications architecture, functionality and delivery.
- Knowledge of Autodesk (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit) and Bentley Systems (e.g. MicroStation and AECOsim) software and their interaction with Bentley ProjectWise/ other prime engineering project collaboration software.
- Experience in creating PowerShell scripts for use with ProjectWise.
- Experience in relational databases (Oracle and SQL).
- Experience in Power BI and other data analytics services
- Experience of directly gathering user requirements for the management of engineering data.
- Experience of IT service management processes.
- Experience of analysing and documenting complex business processes.
- Awareness of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and its importance to engineering infrastructure.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.