About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our team to work in Birmingham.
What you'll be doing
- To support the review tenders & cost data;
- To manage the preparation of Target Cost for a Project;
- To co-ordinate the commercial team to ensure programme issues are identified and actioned;
- To manage the preparation and review of Earned Value Management.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly CVR and associated commercial reports;
- To be able to report and explain the commercial progress to senior divisional staff;
- To manage the feedback of commercial data to Planning, Estimating, Marketing and Sales.
- Establish client supply chain requirements & advise on alternative forms of contract & procurement arrangements;
- Formulation of management plans for resource procurement.
- Awareness of disputes resolution including options, structure as well as knowledge of the SCL Protocol;
- Application of legislation and ability to liaise with legal experts;
- Preparation of Estimates & Tender submissions including the interpretation of specifications & preambles;
- Representation of the financial and contractual interests to your employer and/or client in progress meetings or the like;
- Co-ordination of buying, accounts, production control/planning, supply chain management & procurement techniques, estimating & surveying functions;
- Management and reporting of Commercial Risk and Opportunity;
- Management of disallowed cost.
Who we're looking for
- BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or experience equivalent;
- Membership of RICS, ICES or CIOB.
- Experience of working with large scale linear projects £200 millions upwards.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.