About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to join our team to work in Birmingham.
As a HR Advisor within Balfour Beatty Vinci, you will assist in the delivery of a comprehensive, effective and consistent HR service across the Balfour Beatty Vinci Joint Venture
What you'll be doing
As the HR Advisor you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure that appropriate HR governance is in place in relation to all employment issues, ensuring compliance at all times with company policy and statutory legislation
- Provide guidance to employees on HR policies and procedures
Drive high performance by challenging line managers to appropriately apply performance and development principles
- Build and maintain strong relationships with line managers and employees, to ensure that HR remains aligned to project needs
- Support the HR Manager in the implementation of a range of HR projects and initiatives in conjunction with the Centres of Expertise
- In conjunction with the Learning and Development Specialists, co-ordinate the implementation of Employee Development programmes
- Drive consistency and fair application of reward across the project
- As required by the project, obtain MI from the HR Shared Services
- Live the Balfour Beatty Vinci Values
- To build effective working relationships at all levels and provide solutions focused support and guidance
Who we're looking for
The ideal person will have the following experience and qualities:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in HR role.
- CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Experience of working in a generalist HR role in a busy and demanding HR team.
- Thorough understanding of HR practices and employment law.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to persuade and establish credibility with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information logically and clearly.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Highly competent user of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as HR databases.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as pa.rt of a team.
- Ability to respond to unexpected changes and adopt a flexible approach.
- Ability to interpret policies, terms and conditions and analyse situations.
- Ideally from a multi site operation.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.