About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Consents Data & Admin Controller to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Support the Consents Team in the control of Consents data and submission of Consents Applications, by implementing and maintaining tools and processes to control the collation of design and other Consents data.
What you'll be doing
The role will include the following duties and responsibilities@
- Support active relationship management with Local Planning Authorities and Consent Granting Bodies to ensure the smooth delivery of consent requirements.
- Support active internal stakeholder liaison to ensure the smooth delivery of consent requirements
- Support the Consents Team on draft application pack delivery programme and quality of document content.
- Provide support on recording of all communications with third parties as evidence to support the planning consent process
- Demonstrate the BBV behaviours
- Provide support on collaboration as necessary with LPAs, HS2 and in-house teams
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Promote and engage Internal Stakeholder relationships to assist with timely and accurate exchange of information
- Ensuring all consents and supporting data are appropriately stored and searchable for each stage and in readiness for archiving
- Document control activities as required to manage the formal transmission of documents between project parties
- Provide Administrative support where required to the Consents Management team
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are considered essential:
- Liaising with Local Planning Authorities and Consent Granting Bodies
- Liaising with Internal Stakeholders
- Document Control Experience
- Proactive approach
- Developed team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Word, Excel and Database skills
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Understanding of working to programmes and critical paths
- Understanding of ProjectWise
- Experience of working in Consents Management
- Knowledge and experience of civil engineering practices, methods and techniques
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.