About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI are recruiting for an Agent to work on one of their two sections of High Speed 2 in Birmingham. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Agent will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers working on the UK's most prestigious infrastructure project.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of Engineers, allocating suitable tasks and supervising the delivery of a section of works
- Ensure Site Engineers complete setting out in accordance with design.
- Produce/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments, making improvements as appropriate
- Carry out Site Audits to check works and documentation compliance
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed to ensure that the works are delivered to specification.
- Understand construction methodology and develop/approve relevant procedures specific to the area of works.
- In association with the Section Foreman, assess the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office based works.
- Supervise the erection, use, maintenance and dismantling of the temporary works, as applicable.
- Carry out checks on the scheme during construction on site, liaising with the TWC and Site Team
- Prepare and issue Temporary Works Briefs to the relevant design departments.
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
Who we're looking for
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or equivalent
- Previous management experience is essential
- Experience in earthworks, drainage or heavy structures is desired
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. This includes:
- 42 viaducts totalling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 throughout the West Midlands area. We are looking for a wide range of experts to join our team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.