Balfour Beatty VINCI today announces the appointment of Mark Cutler as Managing Director for its HS2 Joint Venture.
Balfour Beatty VINCI, a long established joint venture between two global infrastructure leaders recognised for its portfolio of large scale projects, is currently shortlisted for four of the seven HS2 main civils works packages valued at over £4 billion in total.
Mark Cutler, Balfour Beatty VINCI Managing Director HS2, said: “I am delighted to lead the Balfour Beatty VINCI joint venture team for HS2. I believe our long-standing joint venture, an infrastructure powerhouse proven in innovative and collaborative delivery, with over 30 years of international major rail project experience, is a compelling proposition for the delivery of HS2”.
A Chartered Civil Engineer, Mark has extensive experience across the UK infrastructure market spanning a 26 year career. Mark rejoined Balfour Beatty last year as Director of Strategic Projects having previously led the Group’s UK regional construction and civil engineering businesses. Mark was previously CEO of Barhale and Managing Director of Morgan Est following his early career in Carillion, during which time he oversaw major projects on the West Coast upgrade and High Speed 1.
Balfour Beatty VINCI represents a powerhouse for critical infrastructure with a successful track record in delivery of high profile projects including The Channel Tunnel rail and a portfolio of live projects including Crossrail and the M4, M5 and M6 Smart Motorway package.
HS2, an iconic rail infrastructure project, will create significant opportunities for the UK construction industry by creating around 25,000 jobs and 2,000 apprenticeships, supply chain partnerships and local enterprises as well as boosting capacity on the existing rail network and improving journey times between London, the West Midlands and further north.
Balfour Beatty VINCI has bid four of the seven packages of main civils works including the Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, North Portal Chiltern Tunnels to Brackley, Long Itchington Wood Green tunnel to Delta Junction – Birmingham Spur, and the Delta Junction to West Coast main line tie-in.
Successful contractors for the main civils works will be announced in mid-2017 with mains work construction expected to commence in 2018.
Media enquiries to:
t: +44 (0) 207 963 2150
For all non-media related enquiries please contact +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty VINCI represents a powerhouse for critical infrastructure across Rail, transport and other iconic projects in the UK and beyond. Balfour Beatty VINCI’s involvement in groundbreaking Design Build Finance and Operation (DBFO) projects offers a unique end-to-end asset knowledge that is crucial in developing the best solutions to the infrastructure needs of the UK.
- Balfour Beatty and VINCI started working together over 30 years ago when both were members of the TransManche Link consortium which delivered the Channel Tunnel.
- Balfour Beatty VINCI has successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects on Crossrail and have recently been awarded a Smart Motorways Programme, starting with an 18km stretch of the M5.
- As leading infrastructure groups, both Balfour Beatty and VINCI Construction offer opportunities for trainees, apprentices, placement students and graduates as well as sponsored degree opportunities
- Balfour Beatty (www.balfourbeatty.com) is a leading international infrastructure group. With 36,000 employees, we provide innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems, social and commercial buildings.
- Our main geographies are the UK, US, Middle East and South East Asia. Over the last 100 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world including the London Olympics’ Aquatic Centre, Hong Kong’s first Zero Carbon building, the world’s biggest shopping mall in Dubai, the National Museum of the Marine Corps in the US and the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
- VINCI is a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 185,000 people in some 100 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, above and beyond economic and financial results, we are committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities. www.vinci.com